Currently, the following research areas in the field of thermal fluid dynamics are being worked on at the Chair of Modeling and Simulation (LeMoS). The projects are financed, among others, by the BMBF, the DFG, the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and EU funds.
- Mathematical Modeling of Thermally Functional Footwear
- Mechanisms of Action of Particle Fouling on Structured Heat-Transferring Surfaces
- Calculation of the Thermo-Hydraulic Efficiency and Design of Flow-Through Components with Heat Transfer
- Air Conditioning of Vehicle Cabins / Rooms
- Numerical Comfort Determination of Humans under Different Environmental Conditions
- Flow Simulation with Heat Transfer over Structured Surfaces in Compact Systems
- Development of Functional Textile Structures by Coupling CFD Methods and Human Thermoregulation